::[ kampungkai ]::

Sunday, November 25

12 + o = 12 o'clock

Hola kawan-kawan! 6 months of idling, it was boring, it was lonely. Now that i'm back, i've got to search for my bloghood friends. I miss u guys, so much!

Im still breathing well here, but surviving on the edge, having the fact that the cost of living has sky-rocketed tremendously, if u've noticed. As everyone says: everything has gone up except our pay.

Having some extra pocket money from working during the Hari Raya weekend, i've decided to tick one of the check-boxes in my wish list. It's a necessity in life especially at my work place, and i've always wanted a good and reliable one that wouldnt fail me during emergencies.

I've gotten myself my 1st watch in my 23 years of life! It's a happy day for me, which is one of the reason i came back to blogging today to share my happiness.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Seiko 5 automatic

Well, i've bought many watches throughout the years, but none of them cost more than RM20. It's those pasar malam type where the traders place a cloth on the floor and display all their branded watches. I've gotten myself a Swatch Skin and a Gucci for RM10 each, unbelievable! Call me cheapskate or what, but when you are financially insecure, or in other words poor, you live with what you can afford.

It's kinda funny when i recall on those RM10 watches. They look unbelievably genuine, but once drop, there goes. Even while washing hands, next thing you know is that you're wearing a kid's watch which has water and a fish in its casing haha!

I also remembered that the RM10 Swatch Skin which i liked most had its battery run dry within 3 months from date of purchase. Since it was still working well, i decided to replace the battery. At the shop, i paid RM8 for the new battery, and i shook my head as i smiled. RM10 - RM8. The watch only cost RM2. #%#&@$*&%^ !!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My 1st watch - Seiko 5 automatic

A watch tells most about a person. Seiko 5 automatic. This is the watch that i've been eyeing for years. It's the automatic that i'm looking for. I'm sure u've heard of it before, whereby it doesnt need a battery cell to power the watch movement. If you're an active person and like technical gadgets, this is the one.

'The 5 is proposed to reflect 5 essential features of the watch namely shockproof, waterproof, automatic, with day and date display' (quote wikipedia:seiko). I believe in companies which manufacture nothing but time pieces. Unlike other high-end brands where they venture from clothing into shoes, watches, sunglasses etc... and with their brand name on the it, the price tag goes ooh-la-la.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Glittering

Some people like white backgrounds for their watches, it gives a neat and tidy feeling. I personally like darker ones like black or dark blue, it gives a contrast to the metal casing and bracelet. Besides it looks cool and sophisticated. U've got to forgive me for self praising my watch hahaha! i cant stop staring at it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The heart

Flip the casing over and you'll be amazed by the see through back cover. The internal gears and mechanism gives a feeling of high-tech. It's just so pretty. And while having the watch in your fingers, u'll tend to turn the watch left and right, up and down just to see the rotating rotor spin.

A full charge from the normal daily wear can last up to 40 hours. More than that, it will stop and u've got to rewind it. That's why it's an active person's watch as i said.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Heart removed

Paying a good price of RM199 for this baby (with 1 year warranty), i'm so satisfied. It's one price that i've never seen so low before. All this while the Seiko 5 automatic watches come with a tag of RM250-350. If you're interested to buy too, head to P.K Time, it's a franchise available in 1U, Alpha Angle, Sunway Pyramid, MValley, and Jusco Cheras Selatan. Their watches are even cheaper than City Chain. I guess it's because of the Mega Sales that started yesterday! yeay!

Girls say: A guy is not complete without a nice watch.
I say: I'm complete!

Labels:

22 Comments:

  • WELCOME back!!! so glad you are back to blogging world! do update often ^^b

    By Blogger .: babelearner :., at November 25, 2007 2:48 PM  

  • seiko kinetic ftw!automatic suxxx!tho i'm wearing one, lol. xD

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2007 3:11 PM  

  • I miss you, Chris! Glad you're back! :) And how does it feel to want to blog the new watch? LOL.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2007 5:22 PM  

  • Welcome back dude! :D

    By Blogger Jason Lioh, at November 25, 2007 7:04 PM  

  • Wah... a watch maketh the man eh? Hahah! Welcome back! Seiko is a good choice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2007 7:25 PM  

  • ahahahahaha so lame ahahahahaha im getting my dad an armani for fathers day ahahahahah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2007 8:23 PM  

  • I'm incomplete :( Gf want buy one for me, but I don't know how to choose a suitable one... any tips?

    Welcome back!

    By Blogger hao, at November 25, 2007 9:56 PM  

  • miss u so much eh...
    :...D

    wakaka... u're BACK!!!!!

    By Blogger snowybabie, at November 25, 2007 10:51 PM  

  • You came back because of a watch? Chewahh..hahaha It's a nice watch. Make me wanna buy one. Hahaha

    My dad has one Seiko kinetic watch. I'll blog about it one day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2007 11:28 PM  

  • Welcome back! So good to see you blog again, you are a talented writer!...hehehe, must praise a bit so that you continue to amuse us with ur story mar!

    Nice watch! Very macho! I got a Seiko 5 Automatic watch when I got my 1st paycheck many years ago. It is a good watch, stay with me thru thick and thin...mountain and sea...hahaha...only gave up when I got married, probably due to jealousy at my hubby...hahahah!
    Just kidding! It's a really good watch. You got a good buy there :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 26, 2007 8:28 AM  

  • Fuyoh! Somebody is finally back blogging!!! Welcome back there, colleague!

    Nice watch too. Very macho gila!

    PS: Demi Moore is 16 years OLDER than Ashton Kutcher, not 13 years as previously quoted. *rotfl*

    By Blogger Kiersten, at November 26, 2007 11:07 AM  

  • Welcome back!!

    And I love the watch, I can't get over how affordable that is! And not to mention M-A-C-H-O!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 27, 2007 12:30 AM  

  • you're back!!!!!!!!! nice watch. :) greetings from the u.s. of a.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 16, 2007 1:04 PM  

  • Kampong, welcome back! I also bought a Seiko recently and it's going to be with me for many, many years... We are now complete!!! bwaharharh

    By Blogger narrowband, at December 18, 2007 2:38 PM  

  • [url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/logo.png[/img][/url]

    מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] גדולים אנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם...

    לפרטים נוספים אנא לפנות לעמוד המלון - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 21, 2010 9:57 AM  

  • [url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]better wetter[/b][/url]

    [url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter teneriffa[b][/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 07, 2010 3:51 PM  

  • Hey.

    A bank is a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities. Bank primarily provide financial services to customers while enriching investors. Government restrictions on financial activities by bank vary over time and location. Banks are important players in financial markets and offer services such as investment funds and loans. In some countries such as Germany, banks have historically owned major stakes in industrial corporations while in other countries such as the United States banks are prohibited from owning non-financial companies. In Japan, banks are usually the nexus of a cross-share holding entity known as the keiretsu. In France, bancassurance is prevalent, as most banks offer insurance services (and now real estate services) to their clients.

    The level of government regulation of the banking industry varies widely, with countries such as Iceland, having relatively light regulation of the banking sector, and countries such as China having a wide variety of regulations but no systematic process that can be followed typical of a communist system.[url=http://projectcontrol.v3host.nl]CLICK HERE[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 09, 2010 4:01 PM  

  • hi dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that exact model. The prices as regards the velcros are around 170 bucks everwhere. But for all I base this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what do you think?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 25, 2010 11:04 PM  

  • good evening bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the boots were approximately 180 bucks on every page. But for all I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 25, 2010 11:57 PM  

  • hello friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for the sake of that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are approximately 190 bucks everwhere. But completely I base this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you tell me about these?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 17, 2010 1:18 AM  

  • By Blogger Unknown, at May 15, 2016 9:25 AM  

  • A vacation is good.

    By Anonymous Emma, at April 11, 2018 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home